[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: scott mc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 11:09:25 -0800

On Sat, Nov 27, 2010 at 10:30 AM, Miroslav Stimac
<Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> By the way, it seems to be a known problem:
> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6723
>
> However, why is the ticket closed?
>
> I have this problem with the newest nightly build. It seems not to be solved!
>
> Regards,
> Miroslav Stimac
>
> -------- Original-Nachricht --------
>> Datum: Sat, 27 Nov 2010 19:22:23 +0100
>> Von: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
>> An: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
>> Betreff: [haiku] Problem with cprivmsg.txt
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just tried to install the newest nightly build r39648 Gcc2 Hybrid on my
>> hard disk after successfully booting and using Haiku in Licve CD mode.
>> See here:
>> http://dev.haiku-os.org/ticket/6319#comment:9
>>
>> Sadly, I get the error message "General system error" when trying to copy
>> the file cprivmsg.txt (file 53 of 11894).
>>
>> Does somebody has the same problem?
>>
>> Plaese note that I am trying to install the newest nightly build on an
>> already existing Haiku partition (overwrite my old Haiku installation).
>>
>> Regards,
>> Miroslav Stimac
>> --
>> Neu: GMX De-Mail - Einfach wie E-Mail, sicher wie ein Brief!
>> Jetzt De-Mail-Adresse reservieren: http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/demail
>>

> --
> GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit
> gratis Notebook-Flat! http://portal.gmx.net/de/go/dsl

Are you installing from CD?  If so then reopen that ticket and provide
details about your system, such as the type of hard drive interface
and type of CDROM used.  It may be related to media, so try burning to
a different brand of CDR and see if that makes any different.  Are you
installing from a nightly image or one you built yourself?

-scottmc