[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: "Miroslav Stimac" <Miroslav.Stimac@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 28 Nov 2010 19:17:01 +0100

Hello Jonas,

I recorded the newest nightly build r39663 GCC2 Hybrid on a new CD-R disc.
This time the disc is from HP and verified it after the recording. The previous
one was from Maxell.

Again, I get the general system error, but this time when copying the file
RFC1459.txt, that is file 58 of 11922.
Before I started the installation, I had deleted the Haiku partition on my hard
disk and created a new one.
This means that the problem is not a corrupt file system on the target
partition. The CD-R source disc is also not the problem.

Of course, it could be that the DVD drive is damaged, but I do not think that
this is the case. I used the same hardware for the old installation a few
months ago and the drive had no problems with any CD or DVD discs in the
previous few months.

Therefore I think that there is a problem in the new nightly builds and we
should open the closed ticket.

Regards,
Miroslav Stimac
--
GMX DSL Doppel-Flat ab 19,99 &euro;/mtl.! Jetzt auch mit