[haiku] Re: Problem with cprivmsg.txt

  • From: David Given <dg@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2010 23:35:54 +0000

On 30/11/10 20:23, Miroslav Stimac wrote:
[...]
> Is it possible that CDBurnerXP does not burn the CD-Rs in the same way as
> Nero, although I use the same hardware?

Do CDBurnerXP and Nero burn at the same speed? The faster the burn, the
sloppier the encoding on the disk is, and marginal CD drives can have
trouble reading them. (I once knew an audio CD player that would only
successfully play CD-Rs if they were burnt at less than x4.)

│ "There does not now, nor will there ever, exist a programming
│ language in which it is the least bit hard to write bad programs." ---
│ Flon's Axiom