[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Mikael J." <tic_khr@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 00:34:48 +0100

> >to go, as it would quickly standardize preferences. Just have an
> >AppPreferences() member of BApplication return a BMessage, all ready
> >go, stored by be_app, and saved on quit.
>
>This I like, especially for basic application preferences.  Probably
not
>going to be heavy-duty enough for large apps with really large
>preference sets, but it would hopefully encourage developers to keep
>preferences on small to mid-sized apps.

Please, let us have something that scales up -and- down. I wouldn't want
to feel that I have to reinvent the wheel just because I have one too
many preference settings.

Stuff that pops up is a system based on application signature (such as
JBQs Settings class), with XML entities in it. Easily editable through a
telnet session, easy enough to parse. Etc.

Now's the time to do it the right way.

--
Mikael J @ http://hem.spray.se/tic_khr