[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:45:44 -0600 (CST)

> The more I think about it, I want to put this forward as "official"
> policy
> (because I think that we need one):
>
> For R1, we use BMessages. With the same format as Be's if possible.
> With a
> sensible one, if not. For R2, well, we shall see.

The R6 API had an applications preferences utility, like the current
AppResources() member of BApplication. This would definitely be the way
to go, as it would quickly standardize preferences. Just have an
AppPreferences() member of BApplication return a BMessage, all ready to
go, stored by be_app, and saved on quit.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

You will think of something funnier than this to add to the fortunes.