[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Jonathan Tarbox" <jtarbox@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:53:46 -0600

how about just adding to the 'flattening' function another parameter?
causing it to be backwords compatible even.. well, override the function at
least, so that it is binary compatible with prior apps

Write(BMessage *msg)
Write(BMessage *msg, bool xml=false)

or whatever function is that flattens the BMeesage, I forgot and am not in
BeOS atm to check..  and i never used this function personally.. but just
add that lil extra parameter..  and if it's true, parse it out to an XML
format instead.

-jtarbox

ps - this is an internal thingy, so I'm kinda thinking borderline between
R1/R2..