[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2002 08:25:58 -0600 (CST)

> > >Just one question: could we have BMessages flatten to XML? Then we
> > > get
> > >everything...
> > >-Nathan
> >
> > Hey! Back to your own mailing list! :-) :-) :-) Just kidding!
> > Seriously - that would be a *GREAT* concept for R2. I would love to
> > see
> > something like that. Maybe natively, maybe not (dunno). But at
> > least
> > the
> > option would be great. I have even thought about a server, where
> > you
> > send
> > it a BMessage, and it sends back a BMessage that contains a string
> > which is
> > an XML representation of the BMessage. :-)
>
> OK. The BMessages flattened by the Glass Elevator App::Message will
> be
> in XML. There. (This is fun)

Scratch that. App::Message will go back to messaging. I'll make an
XMLContainer (what kit? hrrrm), that subclasses TypedDataContainer (the
BMessage Findfoo() API). AppPreferences() will simply return a
NamedDataContainer, which will probably be an XMLContainer, but could
be an IO::Node, IO::Resources, or App::Message.
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Never call a man a fool.  Borrow from him.