[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Nathan Whitehorn" <nathan.whitehorn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:56:11 -0600 (CST)

> >Just one question: could we have BMessages flatten to XML? Then we
> > get
> >everything...
> >-Nathan
>
> Hey! Back to your own mailing list! :-) :-) :-) Just kidding!
> Seriously - that would be a *GREAT* concept for R2. I would love to
> see
> something like that. Maybe natively, maybe not (dunno). But at least
> the
> option would be great. I have even thought about a server, where you
> send
> it a BMessage, and it sends back a BMessage that contains a string
> which is
> an XML representation of the BMessage. :-)

OK. The BMessages flattened by the Glass Elevator App::Message will be
in XML. There. (This is fun)

Now I'll use the rest of this message as a soapbox on GE.
/mailman/listinfo/glasselevator_beunited.org

2. We're making enormous progress. The Support Kit (now the Util Kit)
is done. Feel free to steal code. The Device Kit (now merged with
Storage and called IO) is done. We're about to start on Storage and
App. Feel free to steal code :)
-Nathan

--
Fortune Cookie Says:

Help me, I'm a prisoner in a Fortune cookie file!