[openbeos] Re: Preferences/File Help

  • From: "Michael Phipps" <mphipps1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: openbeos@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2002 19:54:59 -0500

It may be that each developer at Be did something different.
I snagged a copy of ViewIt from BeBits (http://www.bebits.com/app/315) in the
GEB's Goodies collection. The ScreenSaver preferences were all stored in a
BMessage
that was flattened. I made that work very quickly and easily. The code is
in source control (as all good should be! :-) ), at least in the preferences
app.
I liked Marco's daemon idea. It is very Be-like. But, really, if you make your
app read the preferences from a BMessage, it is very easy to deal with that
message
whether sent from an open preferences panel, or read from a flattened file.