[haiku-development] Re: Working on Haiku's Mail app

  • From: Stephan Assmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 19:25:01 +0100

On 2009-11-30 at 17:33:24 [+0100], Humdinger <humdingerb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
> -- Axel Dörfler, on Mon, 30 Nov 2009 17:18:18 +0100:
> > > From past comments, I gather that the code of it all is kinda messy.
> > > Is that correct?
> >
> > Absolutely.
> > It was already a mess when it got open sourced, and the years at MDR
> > didn't really improve upon that much.
>
> Drat. :}

Actually, I did quite a bit of cleanup to Mail itself a while back. I still
wanted to do more, but it's got way better (IMHO). Even just the separation
of each class into it's own file is an improvement, but I did much more.
(The memory is fading, though, so I may remember my work to be more heroic
than it actually was... ;-)

Best regards,
-Stephan