[haiku-development] Re: Working on Haiku's Mail app

  • From: "François Revol" <revol@xxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 30 Nov 2009 23:07:20 +0100 CET

> > Out of curiosity: why not just use UTF-8 and be done with it?
>
> Because UTF-8 encoded email is not that widespread in Japan yet, so
> it
> is always safer to use ISO-2022-JP. If I am not mistaken,

Well if noone tries to use it then noone else will ;-)
(yeah I know it lacks some chars that japanese stole from the chinese
in the first place anyway...)

> > Besides that, it could always be made an option, too, if enough
> > interest is there.

Ideally the "toolbar" could be editable so one could remove the
encoding menu if he doesn't need it.

Like OSX' editable ones (at least they seem to have gotten this
correctly).

François.