[haiku-development] Re: Vim episodes. IV. It is ready to breathe...

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 07 May 2009 20:33:08 +0200

Axel Dörfler schrieb:
If you have remote access, you can still just install nano with the great package manager we'll have then ;-)

Until then... :-)

In any case, I got your point, but I still wouldn't really like to have two apps for the same purpose - for the sake of cleanliness. But I know how to use vim, so I am not sane anyway. How about a compromise: we don't include nano in the base install (that comes with no extra apps), but we do in the full distro? Someone could create an optional package for nano, too.

Sounds perfectly reasonable.

Best regards,
-Stephan