[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 1 Oct 2015 17:45:17 +0200

Hi Humdinger,

Am 01.10.2015 um 16:52 schrieb Humdinger (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for
DMARC) <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>:

Hi!

http://cgit.haiku-os.org/haiku/tree/src/kits/interface/TabView.cpp#n828

Code is right there. Simple to change however you like.

Not quite so simple, at least to me. I changed line 830 to
frame.right = BControlLook::ComposeSpacing( B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING);

That did increase the formally 1px spacing in front of the first tab,
but still draws the tab itself and its label (and all other tabs) at
the same position.

Yes, it is not simple. I think the advice so far has been very incomplete. To
be honest, I can’t give better advice either without digging into the code. And
when I do that I may as well offer to implement it myself.

For what it is worth, I think it should work this way: If and only if the
tabview is configured with no border, then it should use the margin of its page
layout as the inset for the first tab. (I hope it even uses a page layout for
its contents… but I think it does.)

I can’t promise when I will have time to look into this, but I’ll try not to
fall asleep with the kids tonight - or failing that - one of the next days.

Best regards,
-Stephan