[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: Stephan Aßmus <superstippi@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 20:58:50 +0200

Hi all,

Am 19.09.2015 um 22:44 schrieb Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
Am 19/09/2015 um 19:44 schrieb Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for
DMARC):
It's not at all to make the GUI flat, but to remove unnecessary
borders. For the originally posted screenshots, I simply moved the
BBox into the window border, eliminating the spacing. Maybe a
middleground would be to do away with the border, but increase the
spacing between contents and window border.

We do have a spacing constant for that space (it's called
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING). Before making any custom changes like this, we
should try to adopt that constant everywhere, so that it would be easy
to change the value to something else.

+1 on removing redundant borders. I think it makes Haiku look more modern and
removes visual clutter. I’d also be all for making consistent use of
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING for the top-level controls, and playing with that a bit so
it results in more whitespace than regular spacing.

Humdinger, do I understand correctly that you produced the screenshots by
making the actual changes? I.e. you don’t need anyone to work on this?

Best regards,
-Stephan