[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Redacted sender "humdingerb" for DMARC)
  • To: haiku-development <haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 09:09:47 +0200

On 20 September 2015 at 02:03, Jessica Hamilton
<jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

The BBox in all of the originals align perfectly with the corners of the
buttons below. The updated look makes them feel separated and unrelated to
the controls above, not to mention the introduced misalignment.

I give you that there was a slightly greater connection between
buttons and controls with the BBox in place because the view that
contains the buttons enclosed the boxed controls. Though to me that
was only a very small effect.

I was wondering what you meant with the BBox aligning to the buttons
and that they now don't align to the controls anymore. I did some
measurements in WonderBrush and I now get it. See
http://ctrlv.in/638859
For some reason, the labels of the popup menus have some space to their left.
This is only an issue with such unusually aligned labels as seen in
the Appearance panel. I'm sure that can be fixed.

The preflets that don't have the BBox borders also lack the buttons at the
bottom from what you showed, hence the variation.

Sorry, but I don't understand what you mean. All the panels have
buttons an the bottom...(?)

Either the bottom border between upper controls and the lower buttons needs
to be removed, and the buttons realigned; or the space needs to be preserved
with an invisible border for the BBox.

I'm not totally sure I understand you here either. See the above
mentioned screenshot at http://ctrlv.in/638859. We're talking about
line "A", right? Looks to me perfectly spaced; the orange rectangles
are all the same width.

Regards,
Humdinger

--