[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2015 22:14:47 +0200

On 09/20/2015 09:09 AM, Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for DMARC) wrote:

For some reason, the labels of the popup menus have some space to their left.
This is only an issue with such unusually aligned labels as seen in
the Appearance panel. I'm sure that can be fixed.

That's a peculiarity of the way BMenuFields and BTextControls handle their label. Currently, the only way around that (apart from fixing the issue) would be to use separate labels (ie. BStringViews) for those, and don't use the mechanism those two classes offer.

In a future Interface Kit API, I don't think they would continue offering a way to set the label anyway.

Bye,
Axel.