[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: kallisti5@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:00:10 +0000

September 23 2015 11:24 AM, "Humdinger" <dmarc-noreply@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Hi there!

I have an updated screenshot : http://ctrlv.in/640659
It's rather large as it compares the status quo (left) with how it
would look without an inset tabview with borders (middle), and how
that would look if the B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING were not equal to
B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING, but about twice that, 32 pixel (right).

I had to fake one thing to improve the aligning of the first tab on
top with the contents and button at the bottom. I don't know where to
fiddle to get the first tab inset by
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING.

There are some (hi, Rene :) ) who don't feel removing borders is an
improvement in looks. I do... In the end it's a subjective thing.
Given that, I don't know how to proceed. Probably as many people like
it as dislike it...

Hm, I think the middle new one is actually looking nice now. Before without
the margin it looked cramped. Now it is starting to look pretty decent.

Lets start doing straw poll's for the +1's?

http://strawpoll.me/5564106

-- Alex