[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: Ingo Weinhold <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 23 Sep 2015 20:01:06 +0200

On 09/23/2015 06:23 PM, Humdinger (Redacted sender humdingerb for DMARC) wrote:

I have an updated screenshot : http://ctrlv.in/640659
It's rather large as it compares the status quo (left) with how it
would look without an inset tabview with borders (middle), and how
that would look if the B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING were not equal to
B_USE_DEFAULT_SPACING, but about twice that, 32 pixel (right).

I had to fake one thing to improve the aligning of the first tab on
top with the contents and button at the bottom. I don't know where to
fiddle to get the first tab inset by
B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING.

There are some (hi, Rene :) ) who don't feel removing borders is an
improvement in looks. I do... In the end it's a subjective thing.
Given that, I don't know how to proceed. Probably as many people like
it as dislike it...

+1 for removing the borders. The increased B_USE_WINDOW_SPACING, however, doesn't work IMO. While the middle examples look compact -- others may call it crammed -- the right ones appear the same to me, just with weirdly large empty space around them. Maybe a smaller increase would work or maybe the inner spacing has to be increased as well.

CU, Ingo