[haiku-development] Re: Unifying visuals of BTabView usage

  • From: Donn Cave <donn@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Sep 2015 19:39:50 -0700 (PDT)

quoth Jessica Hamilton <jessica.l.hamilton@xxxxxxxxx>

The BBox in all of the originals align perfectly with the corners of the
buttons below. The updated look makes them feel separated and unrelated to
the controls above, not to mention the introduced misalignment.

Could you explain why they should be aligned?

For me, the lack of alignment might even be slightly helpful - the more
complex the tab or whatever, the more time it takes before I notice the
Defaults/Revert buttons, which after all are not part of the tab or control,
but rather application level controls. So not a problem at all to make
them graphically distinct, I'd say, but I could be missing something.

Donn