[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: Oliver Tappe <zooey@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:11:33 +0200

On 2012-08-29 at 17:17:21 [+0200], scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> > I will take care of ICU-4.8.1 today. IIRC there was some manual tweaking
> > necessary to get the distro package into the desired shape.
> >
> > cheers,
> >         Oliver
> >

> Ok.  Perl built ok for me on gcc2, haven't gotten to it on gcc4 yet.  I'll
> probably have most of the gcc2 packages done by the end of today and then
> start on the rest of the gcc4 ones.  Along with icu we still need freshened
> gcc2 and gcc4 packages, can you do those?

Sorry, but I doubt that, since I'll be away tomorrow and on Friday. I
suppose someone else needs to step in. Especially building gcc4 is expected
to be somewhat of an adventure, as it doesn't build with the
build-gcc4-optional-package-Haiku.sh script, but crashes instead. It can be
built with the instructions from INSTALL-gcc4-..., though. Something is
fishy with the
--enable-frame-pointer option, it seems.

cheers,
        Oliver