[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:06:38 -0400

On Sun, Aug 19, 2012 at 4:44 AM, Niels Sascha Reedijk
<niels.reedijk@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Things to note about this:
>  * Creating branches from remote is disabled; you will have to ssh
> into vmrepo to actually create the branch.
>  * Pushing to the r1alpha4 branch is, as far as I could see, not restricted.

So to make the branch on the server I can just go into the /haiku
directory and do a usual git branch? I have not worked extensively
with raw git repos on servers.

> I was wondering whether we should also branch hrev tagging. Perhaps in
> the form of hrevXXXXX.Y where X is the branchpoint and Y is the
> incrementing counter. This will create more clarity in terms of
> linearity of change sets. I don't know whether the current repository
> script will allow for it though.

I imagine it could be modified. I've taken a look at the script, but I
don't really know Perl, so I wouldn't be the one to make this change
if we do indeed want it. I can wait until Oliver responds before
making the branch.

--
Regards,
Ryan