[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: Matt Madia <mattmadia@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:03:08 -0400

On 8/18/12, Ryan Leavengood <leavengood@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I will probably make the r1alpha4 branch and go through the initial
> steps from http://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/ReleaseCookbook tonight (and
> I'll update that document for Git, etc.)
>
> My main concerns about the release have more to do with WebPositive
> than anything else. While aldeck's work on WebKit was welcome, there
> seem to be quite a few regressions

Eh. Aside from losing any data being entered in WebPositive (e.g.,
webapps and forms), there shouldn't be any data loss.  I'd vote to
keep WebPositive as-is. It would be better for users to report bugs
about the regressions, than issues that are no longer relevant or
undocumented.

IMAP on the other hand, should be replaced. (unless Axel's work gets
finished sooner than expected).

--mmadia