[haiku-development] Re: R1a4: just Anyboot and VMDK?

  • From: Sean Collins <smc.collins@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2012 19:06:52 +0000

Matt Madia wrote:

Hi there

For this release should we try offering only the anyboot and vmdk images? IIRC, there was talks of eventually obsoleting the ISO images as the anyboot can be burned to disc. It would even help with consistency (at the expense of LiveCD performance), as the ISO's store several packages as compressed zips, which get extracted via Installer.

On a side note, the anyboot images are 800+MB. Offhand, I don't know the current size of the ISO.

--mmadia

The iso images are handy to people wanting a test drive, and some of the more clever cd burning utility's on windows at least, seem to cause problems with anyboot images. I would think for the R1A4 release candidates holding back a iso is a good idea, but for the actual r1a4 release, having a iso is handy.

Sean