[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 24 Aug 2012 23:30:48 -0700

On Wed, Aug 22, 2012 at 9:21 AM, scottmc <scottmc2@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> What step are we at now?  Are the buildtools to be rebuilt for
> R1/Alpha4?  Specifically gcc-2.95.3, gcc-4.6 and perl? I think once
> those are in place the rest should build ok.
> https://dev.haiku-os.org/wiki/R1/Alpha4/OptionalPackages
>
> -scottmc

For the previous releases I didn't start rebuilding of the
OptionalPackages until a new gcc2 and gcc4 package was added, is this
something I need to wait for, or can the rebuilding be done using the
existing tools in a clean r1/alpha4 built branch image?  Either way I
will probably do the rebuilding in a VM image built by the buildbot.
So I'll be waiting on that to be ready to begin.  Rebuilding the
OptionalPackages and getting them all uploaded and such will probably
take anywhere from 2 to 5 days.

-scotmc