[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:28:09 +0200

Am 22.08.2012 22:05, schrieb John Scipione:
Should I update ControlLook to have virtual methods or not? If I do this
means we'll have to rebuild all packages, if we don't, we won't be able
to extend ControlLook in the future. I'd like to make the change now in
the R1A4 branch, but, I realize this will break all apps so I have been
holding back until I have some time to rebuild apps.

It's a bit late in the game, but I wouldn't mind as long as there is no wasted work on the side of the package builders.

And of course, I don't understand why we wouldn't be able to extend ControlLook in the future -- it's still considered an experimental API at this point, anyway. Only apps that use this class directly will be affected.

Bye,
   Axel.