[haiku-development] Re: The r1alpha4 branch

  • From: "Ingo Weinhold" <ingo_weinhold@xxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 22 Aug 2012 22:36:07 +0200

John Scipione wrote:
> Should I update ControlLook to have virtual methods or not? If I do this
> means we'll have to rebuild all packages, if we don't, we won't be able to
> extend ControlLook in the future. I'd like to make the change now in the
> R1A4 branch, but, I realize this will break all apps so I have been holding
> back until I have some time to rebuild apps.

I don't know BControlLook very well (actually not at all), but AFAIK it is
still rather experimental. From what I gathered from the recent color
(contants) discussion, larger changes are being considered. As long as the API
isn't final there isn't any point in adding virtual slots.

Anyway, before the API is declared final I'd like to have a bit of a discussion
about it, also more generally about where we want to go with respect to theming
and modular look and feel support.

CU, Ingo