[haiku-development] Re: The next release

  • From: Axel Dörfler <axeld@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 14 Apr 2015 16:28:07 +0200

Am 14/04/2015 um 16:04 schrieb kallisti5:

Any thoughts on going the Cyanogenmod route? Cyanogenmod has nightly
releases and "snapshot" releases. Snapshots are taken at a point in
time when code is "more stableish".

I think that sounds like a somewhat neat solution to our immediate lack of a release.
I mean, they shouldn't be offered as anything close to a release, but it's definitely less of a lottery than downloading a nightly.
Still, someone has to do the testing and choosing work, combined with uploading/copying the thing on the server, and update the web site to point to the latest release.

We could offer ~monthly "snapshot" releases (or whatever). I think
going this route we could be a little more flexible? Our historically
done alpha/beta release process just hasn't been working for us
post-pm.

It didn't really work before either, it's just that the bus factor of the remaining work is just too high for our current work force to tackle the open issues in an acceptable time frame.

Ah, ok. I remember Olta mentioning that quite a while back. (we need
to get a ticket open for it?)

Definitely! :-)

Bye,
Axel.