[haiku-development] Re: The next release

  • From: "Adrien Destugues" <pulkomandy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 14:47:37 +0000

13 avril 2015 16:40 "Richie Nyhus-Smith" <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx> a écrit:

Not all of the code in Haiku itself has copyright owned by Haiku, inc. In my
case, I assign
copyright to Haiku, Inc. for code I wrote under contract, but keep the
copyright for everything
else. If I worked on Haiku sources under contrqct from someone else, they
would get the copyright.
I don't have stats on that but I think it is the same for most other devs.

My point was that right now Haikungfu is as much part of the project as fRiSS
is.

When I said 'changing the copyright', I meant changing the copyright that is
displayed on the
webapp rather than the copyright found in the code.

Alexander should still be credited when linking to the source code:
(Copyright 2014 - 2015 Haiku,
Inc. — Haiku® and the HAIKU logo® are registered trademarks of Haiku, Inc.
Website code released
under the GPLv3 by Alexander von Gluck IV.)

What would the copyright apply to in that case? From the "legal" point of view
it would be the website contents, but that would be mostly data from
haikuports, which is NOT copyright Haiku, inc, for the most part.

Anyway, I don't think copyright assignments are the problem here, neither are
they part of the solution.

Here is a list of requirements:
1) We need the thing to work and schedule build of packages on buildbots, and
report success/failures
2) We need the thing to upload packages to the haiku repositories (this is
where more integration with the haiku project is needed)

Here is a list of nice-to-have things:
3) We should rework the website design to match our graphics chart - and adjust
the copyright notice to mention registered trademarks, logos, etc.
4) We should host it on a server owned by Haiku, inc, rather than one
individual developer.

I think 1 and 2 are more important, and we can worry about 3 and 4 later (or
not at all).

--
Adrien.