[haiku-development] Re: The next release

  • From: Richie Nyhus-Smith <richienyhus@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: haiku-development@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2015 20:08:37 +1200

So is Haikeuken going to be officially adopted by the project or is it
going to remain a 3rd party
project by Alexander? Does the project still need to recruit a
volunteer to assist Alexander with
development or is something else happening?

What do you need to make it "official"? kallisti5 is a member of the
project, with commit access, so this IS already part of the Haiku project.

Ownership of code written by a Haiku developer does not get automatically
transfered to the project, otherwise Alexander's apps BackUp and Freebird
would also be part of the Haiku Project.

Legally it is more a long the lines of HaikuPorts, than HaikuDepot Server.
Which might be called a 2nd party project by some.

When it is ready (or another solution is, I don't mind personally) we'll
start using it. We could move it to a server with hosting paid byy Haiku,
inc. but that doesn't make it more "official" as far as the Haiku project
goes.

Moving the two repos to 'https://github.com/haiku', changing the copyright
to the Haiku Project and having it hosted by by Haiku, inc would make it
more official. Linking to it from the main side would help interested ruby
developers find out about it as well.

As for recruiting people, the decision is in Haiku, inc. hands. They
would probably accept it if someone offered help on this at a reasonable
price. But I don't know of anyone interested in doing the work.

I meant recruiting a volunteer, as in getting someone to do 'pro bono' ruby
on rails devlopment work. This would only require someone writing a
reference or testament for the volunteer, if that at all.

-
Richard.