[geocentrism] Re: Wise as a serpent

  • From: "PETER CHARLTON" <peter.nambo@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 6 May 2008 01:26:02 +0100

Maybe this translation affords more understanding, :- 16 "Look! I am sending
YOU forth as sheep amidst wolves; therefore prove yourselves cautious as
serpents and yet innocent as doves.

Snakes are naturally cautious, rather than wise, the Apostles where in great
danger from the Jews so they would have to have been cautious, at the same time
though, they where to have that "childlike" nature Jesus said those who
inhierit Gods Kingdom must have, to be trusting and open to people as innocents
tend to be.

Pete Charlton