[geocentrism] Re: Wise as a serpent

  • From: Neville Jones <njones@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 16 May 2008 13:20:35 -0800

Jack,

You are defending a book that you believe was divinely inspired. I used to do the same. But that book is a collection of books, and we have very little real evidence as to who wrote any of them.

Take prophecy. Many believe that the murder and mayhem in the world today is divine will. Do you really think that The Almighty would use murderers, liars and madmen like Bush, Cheney, Blair, Churchill, Roosevelt and Stalin to achieve the ordained purpose? Would that not make The Almighty complicit in these horrendous crimes?

Look at the flowers and the weeds. Did The Almighty create both? Or did perhaps The Almighty create the flowers and the Devil create the weeds? Did The Almighty create dolphins and the Devil come along and create sharks? Is mankind created in two distinct images?

You never met the men who decided centuries ago which books would be included and which would be rejected. Is it not possible that they had a particular agenda?

In short, I now defend The Almighty, as I perceive The Almighty to be. The black book does not fit in anymore with this understanding and I very much regret that it ever did.

Best wishes,