[geocentrism] Re: Passover and Easter Dates Reversed

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 14:47:57 -0600

Dan,
Thanks for your reply.  Both the sun and moon are for timekeeping.
However, if you think about it, you can't look at the sun and tell what
day it is.  The moon is the sign (beacon) in the sky that is used for
telling days (Gen. 1:14).  The moon's movement through its phases is
independent of location on earth.  Days, I believe, include the three
categories of days mentioned in Scripture, 1) New Moon, 2) six working
days, and 3) sabbath days (Ez. 46: 1).  The New Moon is a period where
the lighted side of the moon is not visible from earth.  I understand
that when the first crescent is visible in the evening you begin day 2
of the month.  By day 8 (after 6 working days) you have on average the
first quarter moon, which indicates the first sabbath.  Then after
another 6 working days the moon is full, and day 15 is the next
sabbath.  Day 22 is the third sabbath of the month and corresponds with
the last quarter.  Day 29 is the final sabbath and the following one or
two days are again the New Moon.

Sabbaths in the Scriptures are exclusively on these days (8th, 15th,
22nd, and 29th) in both the Old and New Testaments.  An example of a two
day New Moon is found in the account of David and Jonathan in 1 Samuel
chapter 20.  Note that this was a two day feast and that "the second day
of the month" is literally the second day of the new moon (1 Samuel 20:
27 and 34).  Compare, 1 Samuel 20: 5 Behold, tomorrow is the new
moon,2320 (with Strongs number for new moon) with 1Sa 20:27  And it came
to pass on the morrow, which was the second day of the month,2320 (with
Strongs number for month).  Strongs 2320 is chodesh, the new moon; by
impl. a month: --month (ly), new moon.

Carl