[geocentrism] Re: Passover and Easter Dates Reversed

  • From: Carl Felland <cfelland@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2005 09:52:43 -0600

Cheryl,
"Easter had a pre-Christian origin, namely a festival in honour of
Eostre, the Teutonic dawn-goddess, also known as Eos, the Greek
dawn-goddess, and as Usha or Ushas, the Hindu dawn-goddess" (Koster,
C.J. 1996.  Come Out of Her, My People, Institute For Scripture
Research, South Africa).  To celebrate Easter seems rather sacrilegious
or occultist to me.

I said in an earlier post that this month is an intercalary month in the
Jewish calendar, a thirteenth month.  The reason is that the equinox
occurs after this past new moon.  Jewish observation of Passover this
year is in the month beginning after the equinox.

However, the Karaites www.karaite-korner.org/ and other Jewish groups
are considering this the first month based on the development of the
barley crop.  Moses told the Israelites to begin the year with the month
of Abib.  Deu 16:1  Observe the month of Abib, and keep the passover
unto the LORD thy God: for in the month of Abib the LORD thy God brought
thee forth out of Egypt by night.  Barley in the stage of Abib at the
new moon indicates that it will be ready for the first fruits offering
on the day after the first day of Unleavened Bread.  Lev 23:11  And he
shall wave the sheaf before the LORD, to be accepted for you: on the
morrow after the sabbath the priest shall wave it.

Thus the debate on the importance of equinox rages.  Scripture doesn't
mention equinox.  Others may want to comment on how Easter is fixed, but
I will share my understanding of the Greek pascha of the New Testament.

Messiah observed the Torah or Old Testament law.  In the month of Abib
he celebrated Passover on the 14th.  This was the day that he was
crucified.  He rested in the grave on the first day of Unleavened Bread
that was a high sabbath and also a normal weekly sabbath.  Joh 19:31
The Jews therefore, because it was the preparation, that the bodies
should not remain upon the cross on the sabbath day, (for that sabbath
day was an high day,) besought Pilate that their legs might be broken,
and [that] they might be taken away.  He rose from the grave on the day
following the Sabbath, the day of the Wave-sheath offering.

No one in the group has responded to my assertion that the weeks are
determined by the moon.  The calendar that most of the world observes
today originated as the Julian and has come to us in the form of the
Gregorian Calendar.  Check any history to see that Julius Caesar ordered
a calendar that disregarded the moon.  He in effect was trying to
supplant the calendar put into the heavens by the Creator.  His calendar
even had an eight day week.  Constantine instituted the seven day
planetary week (this also seems rather sacrilegious or occultist to
me.)  I've been concerned that Christians worship on SUNday; while in
fact, Saturday sounds suspiciously like SATYRday or Satan's Day!

Today is a Biblical sabbath day.  Last night as the sun set the first
quarter moon was directly overhead!  Next Sabbath the moon will be
full.  The key to understanding YHWH's calendar is that the new moons
are a third class of days.  Eze 46:1  Thus saith the Lord GOD; The gate
of the inner court that looketh toward the east shall be shut the six
working days; but on the sabbath it shall be opened, and in the day of
the new moon it shall be opened.  We have three categories of days here
that are mutually exclusive.  The gate can't be open and shut at the
same time.   In a twenty nine day month we have a new moon day
(conjunction) followed by four seven day weeks.  In a thirty day month
there is a double new moon day.

Carl

P.S.  Cheryl, you misspelled sacrilegious