[geocentrism] Re: Malleus Maleficarum

  • From: "Jack Lewis" <jack.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 15 Jul 2007 21:53:23 +0100

Dear Neville,
Are suggesting that a newborn baby is without sin? According to my Bible only
Jesus was born and lived without sin. I would suggest that most parents do not
teach very young children evil, they are usually very positive in how they
nurture the child but a baby will soon start to do things that are wrong. This
is when they receive their first disciplinary act. There has to be a first
time! What you may mean is, could there be a point when God decides how old a
child must be before he is aware of right and wrong? There is a reference in
Isa7:14-16 which may refer to the inability of a child to refuse evil and
choose good, but it may be referring only to Jesus. I believe the R.C's say it
seven years of age - that is when they make their first confession and first
holy communion. The Bible makes not lower age limit other than a reference to
'being [innocent?] as little children' this could also refer to have a simple
faith as like children.

Regarding quoting from the Bible, I agree entirely with you the only problem
for me is that I have been down this road with you and many others before and
find that it is always fruitless. You have changed your position many times and
I haven't. I find it difficult to hold 'a ray of hope' for you Neville because
of your outright rejection of scripture and the Trinity etc. no matter how
sincere you may be. I believe this kind of hope is a false hope, the only true
hope I cling to is that which the Bible describes, the hope of life ever
lasting. Yes I would like to think that my offspring will get saved and I pray
for them to that end and hope they do but this is not the same kind of hope as
express for my belief in God.

The Bible I believe in today is the same Bible I have always believed in. I
draw a line between 'discussing' the Bible and going through academic and
theological contortions. I know what I believe and I'm prepared to come before
God and declare it - that is what I call faith. I do not expect to 'argue'
people into believing in God or the Bible. I tell them what I and many other
mainstream Christians believe, after that it's then up to the Holy Spirit to
convict them.

Regards

Jack

PS
1    The Bible was not put together by the Roman Church, it happened before the
Roman Church. The Roman Church later hijacked it.
 2    Even if the Roman Church did have a hand in forming the Bible, its their
interpretation of the Bible plus all their traditions, dogma and superstitions
that I reject.