[geocentrism] Re: Challenge

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 17:26:57 +0100

On 07 Aug, Jack Lewis <jandj.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Phil,
> Check out George Airey's water filled telescope. Since light was
> supposed to travel 1.5 times slower in water the aberration of the stars
> should have produced ellipses 1.5 times larger. They didn't and so
> aberration was discounted as evidence for the Earth orbit round the Sun.

        Who produced this theory? It is completely wrong!

        Let's assume that the aberration is much larger, say 20 degrees.
To see the star you would have point your telescope 20 degrees away from
the actual star, and the light would come down the telescope barrel
parallel to the tube.

        If you now fill the telescope barrel with water, apart from having
to refocus, the telescope would still be in exactly the same place as it
was before, with the light coming down the barrel parallel with the tube.
Filling the telescope with water wouldn't make a ha'porth of difference to
where you you point the telescope, so it wouldn't affect the aberration of
light.

        So to date, nobody has been able to refute my proof that the earth
is moving!

        Alan Griffin