[geocentrism] Re: Einstein

  • From: Alan Griffin <ajg@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: geocentrism@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 07 Aug 2004 17:46:20 +0100

On 07 Aug, Jack Lewis <jandj.lewis@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Dear Alan,
> Could you please ask your brother if he knows anything about
> this experiment and if so what was the outcome?. The heading for this
> article was 'Could this prove Einstein wrong?' Quote: 'Ever since 1916,
> when the great German mathematician proposed his theory of relativity,
> experts have tried to prove that all motion in the universe is related.
> Until now they have never been able to measure one of the key
> assumptions - that the speed of gravity is the same as the speed of
> light. But now an unusual alignment, Jupiter passing between Earth and a
> powerful quasar which is billions of miles away. According to Einstein,
> Jupiter's gravity should curve the quasar's light ever so slightly, less
> than a billionth of the width of a full moon. By measuring the curve, if
> any, scientists will be able to calculate the speed of gravity. If
> Einstein's theory is correct then this should prove that gravity has the
> same speed of light. Personal comment.

        Yes I will ask him, but I don't think it can possibly measure the
speed of gravitational waves.

        The bending of light by gravity was predicted by Einstein, and
when it was measured proved to be EXACTLY what Einstein had calculated.
In fact EVERYTHING that Einstein predicted has been shown to be correct,
which is a pretty impressive record! I'm quite sure that the light from
the quasar will be bent, but how can this possibly tell you anything about
the speed of gravitational waves?

> Can scientists be trusted to be
> objective about this experiment?

Of course! Scientists are interested in science! You are very cynical.

> Because a null result, if measurable,
> would be catastrophic for Einstein.

How can you measure a null result????

        Alan Griffin