[duxuser] Re: Braille Bills

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 10:01:14 -0400

Teri,

They should, but they may not for many reasons. The transcriber may be a company employee who has been given some software and told to get the job done, with no additional training. I saw an example of that this summer when I went on a cruise. All the restaurant menus were brailled, but the formatting was so bad that they were virtually unreadable. I discovered that the menus were being brailled in-house by a travel agency, and the owner didn't think there was a problem, and wasn't interested in any suggestions I could offer to correct the situation.

Steve

----- Original Message ----- From: "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>