[duxuser] Re: Braille Bills

  • From: "Steve Dresser" <s.dresser@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 09:52:43 -0400

Michael,

Like so many other noble ideas in this world, teaching responsible use of
translation software is by no means a simple task.  Even among people who
transcribe braille all the time, it's a tough job, and far more difficult when
brailling is one of many jobs, and probably fairly low priority.  If you doubt
what I'm saying, think of everything you know about the transcribing process,
and imagine trying to explain it step by step to someone who knows next to
nothing about braille, or the issues related to brailling.  Speaking from
experience, it's a full-time job.

Steve