[duxuser] Re: Braille Bills

  • From: "Bruce Toews" <Bruce@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: duxuser@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 17 Sep 2008 08:28:49 -0500

I believe it's a result of automation. Rather than having a human
transcribe your bill, it's put through a few macros that make it
readable. I do find this preferable, since my life is my business and I
don't need it mulled over by a lot of people at a transcribing agency.
I'd rather just take the bad braille in this instance, just so long as
it's readable.

Bruce

On Tue, 16 Sep 2008 18:50:16 -0700, "Terri Pannett" <pann1@xxxxxxxxx>
said:

> Hi, Mike and List,
>
> If I knew who brailled the bills, I'd like to communicate with them
> directly
> about their mistakes.
>
> The bills were brailled by two different people or agencies.  One was
> brailled on 8.5 by 11 paper embossed single-sided.  It was in textbook
> format.  They missed surrounding some of the the computereze with the
> codes.
> There was 20 pages of loose paper.
>
> The second bill was worse.  It was brailled on 11 by 11.5 paper with
> braille
> page numbers at the bottom and no print page numbers were included.  Some
> of
> the braille was contracted, some wasn't, and computer braille codes were
> omitted from web sites and email addresses.  It was embossed on both
> sides
> of the paper and the seven sheets were stapled together too close to the
> braille making some of the dots on one page unreadable.
>
> There were probably more errors, but I'd better quit before I get into
> trouble with the moderator.
>
> Terri Amateur Radio call sign KF6CA.

> * as the subject to <duxuser-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>. You may also
  Bruce Toews