[dokuwiki] Re: Minor edits question

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 07:10:56 -0500 (CDT)

> I think you are going over the top here.

I originally planned to do a one-off solution just for myself: I would simply
record an empty summary as a minor edit, with the only difference being a "did
you mean for this to be a minor edit" popup and an exclusion of minor edits
from the feed.

I mentioned offering this to the rest of ya, and Andi said he preferred the
minor-edit checkbox.  So I said, okay, I can live with a checkbox.  And I came
to this list for clarification on how that solution works.

>  As a couple of people have pointed
> out, requiring something is a turn off.  How about Dokuwiki determines if
> the edit is minor.  It may take a little more effort at the backend, but a
> simple check like diff <= 2 lines is minor; diff > 2 lines is major.

This is another good idea.  Is it possible that a single line change could have
significant repercussions that readers of the feed might need to learn about?

Oh, and would page subscribers learn of minor edits?

> Why force a user to do something a computer can do - perhaps not as
> intelligently, but certainly more diligently.

Because it's not yet clear what the computer would do.

We seem to have no agreement on the minor-edit solution.  If Andi wants to
settle this, I'll code that up.  Otherwise I'll  just do my own personal
one-off.

~joe