[dokuwiki] Re: Minor edits question

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 08:48:41 -0500 (CDT)

Hey thanks, Esther, I'm starting to sense some convergence.

Some remaining issues:

(1) Since a small edit might be significant on some wiki (not likely
splitbrain), maybe a minor edit is a 1 or 2 line edit for which no summary was
given.

(2) As long as all edits make it into the change log (and hence revision
lists), it's not clear to me that we need to restrict minor edits to logged in
users.

(3) If we do restrict minor edits to logged in users, how does 'requiresums'
affect non-logged-in users?  I suspect that 'requiresums' would render the wiki
unusable by non-logged-in users.

(4) If we aren't requiring summaries for minor edits, what is the behavior of
'requiresums' for logged in users?  I personally need a warning if I forget to
enter a summary, even if the warning just asks me whether I'd like to
consequently record the edit as minor.

(5) In addition to excluding minor edits from the feed, do we exclude them from
page subscriptions?  Part of me says, Yes, if they're minor, subscribers don't
care.  Part of me says, No, since I may be taking ownership of the quality of
the page and want to be able to immediately eliminate spam.

Thanks for the helpful email.  I think you made our first step towards
agreement, but I still need clarification on the above issues.

~joe