[dokuwiki] Re: Minor edits question

  • From: Redeeman <redeeman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 15:53:31 +0200

On Sat, 2005-09-17 at 00:08 +0100, Chris Smith wrote:
> I think you are going over the top here.  As a couple of people have pointed
> out, requiring something is a turn off.  How about Dokuwiki determines if
> the edit is minor.  It may take a little more effort at the backend, but a
> simple check like diff <= 2 lines is minor; diff > 2 lines is major.
>
> Why force a user to do something a computer can do - perhaps not as
> intelligently, but certainly more diligently.

i really dont see the problem, you make it sound like people would be
scared, and begin crying because they either have to select minor edit
in a checkbox, or simply fill out a summary of what they have done.

its not like we are forcing them to go kill their neighbor or anything.
and there would even be rewards for them to spend 5 seconds more after
an edit