[dokuwiki] Re: Minor edits question

  • From: "Joe Lapp" <joe.lapp@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dokuwiki@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 17 Sep 2005 09:09:15 -0500 (CDT)

> i really dont see the problem, you make it sound like people would be
> scared, and begin crying because [...]

Guys/gals, let's keep this professional and non-personal.

> its not like we are forcing them to go kill their neighbor or anything.
> and there would even be rewards for them to spend 5 seconds more after
> an edit

The reality is that people are lazy, and if throwing a tweak into a page isn't
insanely quick and easy, you're clearly going to get fewer tweaks.  Good or
bad, it's just the way people are.

In any case, we would make requiring summaries (or checking the checkbox)
optional, according to the server's configuration.  So if that's what you want
for your site, you can still get something close to it.

~joe