[dokuwiki] Re: Minor edits question

> Or perhaps we dump $conf['requiresums'] and make it always
> mandatory to either provide a summary or click the checkbox.

 I definitely think it should be optional -- we're using dokuwiki here
as an easy way for people to put documentation together. Any extra steps
that make it more complicated will make it more likely they won't bother
documenting stuff becuse it's too much hassle, which is exactly what we
want to avoid.

 Sure, it's just a checkbox, but if it's a checkbox that you have to do
every time, then every time you have to think "well, is this really a
minor edit? Maybe I should describe it", and then it's more work. It
seems like the whole sense of it should be flipped -- the checkbox
should be "add description", default to being unchecked, and we should
ask our users politely to consider adding descriptions of their changes
if they want to, but not force it.

 That's how most other things like this work -- when you're committing
changes to CVS/SourceSafe, the "description" edit box is there and can
be used, but you can cheerfully just ignore it too.

 -- dan