[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: M Harding <riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 20:42:14 +0000 (GMT)

In article <7WPJQZEnCJLNFwA5@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,

> I see my fate as what happens to the "little guy" when an industry
> develops. In 1987, you could be Jim Button and make your fortune
> from a simple PC word processor (or Charles Moir in 1981).

Well all I can say, David, is that there are many of your customers
who really appreciate the ease of use, the subtlety and the sheer
versatility of OvPro.

I bought a copy of Serif's DTP program, to explore whether it might be
a solution to having an affordable piece of software to be used by
various people within this parish so that we could collaborate in
producing the magazine. When phoned by Serif and invited to upgrade to
the program that had superseded it, my response was: "I already have a
far superior DTP program. If only yours were as easy to use as Ovation
Pro, I might buy from you."

And that's why, unfortunately, I'm still the sole producer of our
parish magazine!

Michael Harding
Rev. Preb. M.D. Harding   riscos@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx