[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Dr Peter Young <pnyoung@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:35:54 GMT

On 10 Jan 2011  David Pilling <flist@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Hi,

> In message <51935bd024dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

>>Until recently, that (It appears) worked perfectly okay, but this weekend
>>for some unfathomable reason, the RTF files out of Ovation Pro, which
>>appear to load in Word only display as a blank document.

> Load into WordPad, save out and hope that loads into Word.

> Presumably there is something odd about that document that results in
> RTF that Word doesn't like. Some feature used in that document that is
> not usually used.

MakeRTF was in fact never finished, and produces some very odd results
with some of my files, particularly if they involve frames, which the
rtf format doesn't know about, I think. I imagine than for Dave it's
come across something that it doesn't know what to do with.

With best wishes,

Peter.

--
Peter   \  /      zfc Lu     \     Prestbury, Cheltenham,  Glos. GL52
and      \/ __            __  \                              England.