[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:09:19 +0000 (GMT)

In article <4D2C80E6.2010706@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
   Roger <roger@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[Snippy]
> Solution appears to persuade wife to use Open Office and for
> distribution save documents in Word format from Open Office. Or go to
> Word via Open Office save.

> Roger

I assume you read my quick reply yesterday.

To expand a little on something many OO fans still don't understand in
their zeal...
Open Office can work perfectly okay on traditional Word documents, but
DocX is another fantasy land altogether, and while OO can handle simple
DocX files, throws something with lot of complexity and formatting at it
and the structure of the doc becomes the brown stuff.

I do have the latest version of OO installed on one of the machines...
Believe me, she has on a couple of occasions (My suggestion)  tried that
manouver, and it didn't work.

I'm just piggy in the middle ATM, and believe me OO is not the answer.

Anyway this is really a side issue to the simple fact that OvPro for RO
has an iffy RTF output and OvPro for Windows doesn't have one at all...

Infact with OvPro for Windows all you can output (of any use) is .dpd or
text... Which to be honest, when you compare it to similar products in the
Win world is rather trivial, and in the Windows world almost a waste of
time.

Dave

--

Dave Triffid