[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Clive Bonsall <C.Bonsall@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 12:56:11 +0000
On 10 Jan 2011, at 11:03, Dave Symes wrote:

> I've been encouraging my dear wife to migrate from Imp Publisher to RISC
> OS OvPro, and for a while that was going okay, but she does need to
> sometimes Save out at RTF to transfer to the PC and Word.
>
> Until recently, that (It appears) worked perfectly okay, but this weekend
> for some unfathomable reason, the RTF files out of Ovation Pro, which
> appear to load in Word only display as a blank document.

> The files in the archive are:
>
> ImpTest1.rtf   Impression Publisher RTF file.
> Tester1.rtf    Ovation Pro on RISC OS RTF file. (2.77 6th April 2010)
>                             MakeRTF is version (3.04)
>
> Tester1.dpd    The original test document.

Both your test RTF files appear to load OK into Word 11 for Mac, with one
difference ... when loading the Tester1 doc, the Roman "I" on the line below
JETSAM appears at v large point size and forces the following text onto a new
page, which does not happen with the RTF in ImpTest1. I'll try them in Word 10
for Windows and report back.

C.B.

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.