[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: ovationpro@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Ovation Pro)
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 16:31:45 +0000

On Mon 10 Jan 2011 (21:54:27 +0000), dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>>  Try cut-and-paste from the windows version of O-Pro. Or use RiScript
>> create a PDF and then cut and paste from that.
>
>>  John
>
>Dear Oh dear Oh dear!
>
>Sorry John, thanks for the thought, but no banana... Neither is of use
>in this situation.
>
>The whole point of RTF is it retains much document format.
>You don't want to stick something in Word and have to spend a load of
>time redoing Headers, indents, etc etc.

 Dave

 I would suggest using Microsoft Publisher rather than Word for anything other
than the simplest documents.

 Cut and paste from windows O-PrO to Microsoft Publisher should retain most
features. You might get better results using a windows PDF generator from
O-Pro and cut and pasting from that. This will retain text and graphics.

 However the difficulty we often have is that the differences in fonts
between RISCOS and Windows cause layout problems when a RISCOS document is
opened in Windows - except for the common fonts like Trinity**. Also the RISCOS
illustrations need to be Jpegs not Sprites or Draw.

 Whatever method is used subsequent editing under Windows may be difficult.

 John

--
John Evans
Mijas Winchester