[softwarelist] Re: OvPro and RTF

  • From: Dave Symes <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: davidpilling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2011 13:01:44 +0000 (GMT)

In article <Ex72ZMBzovKNFwsX@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>,
> Hi,

> In message <51935bd024dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Dave Symes
> <dave@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes

> >Until recently, that (It appears) worked perfectly okay, but this
> >weekend for some unfathomable reason, the RTF files out of Ovation Pro,
> >which appear to load in Word only display as a blank document.

> Load into WordPad, save out and hope that loads into Word.

Thanks for the thought Mr P., but WPad is not really a very good solution.

"AbiWord" which is what I've been using for her, does an excellent job.
OVPro.RTF into Abiword, Save as Rtf and that goes into Word okay.

> Presumably there is something odd about that document that results in
> RTF that Word doesn't like. Some feature used in that document that is
> not usually used.

We did wonder, but...
We've discovered, all our (That we've tested) OVPro documents, even much
older ones, any sort, when made Rtf will just not appear in Word (Either
version)
They are there, but just will not display.

> No, there's no save RTF for Windows. I almost coded it.

I wish there was, it would be so useful, considering there's no OV to Win
direct path.

Perhaps we OvPro users should throw some lolly in your direction to get
one.

Thanks
Dave

--